China Mobile Soars & High On Shanghai Stock Exchange Debut

China Mobile shares have increased in Shanghai after raising $7.7 billion (£5.7 billion) following its exclusion from Wall Street following its listing on a black American citizen. The stock began the day 9.4% higher before dropping down.

This disparity shows how the 24-year-old company has a far greater valuation in mainland China’s market, which is dominated by private investors. According to projections by data provider Wind, China Mobile’s market capitalization was more than $130 billion as of Wednesday’s market close.

The Trump administration had shunted the door for the Chinese investment in the United States. As a result, China Telecom and China Unicorn have been delisted from New York Stock Exchange.

In June, US President Joe Biden signed an executive order expanding the restriction.

By total subscribers, China Mobile is the world’s largest mobile network operator.

The central government would have assured that China Mobile’s Shanghai debut went successfully, according to Nina Xiang, author of the book US-China Tech War.

“There are dozens of Chinese companies listed on US exchanges that might seek a listing in Hong Kong this year to secure their shares remain publicly traded, in case the two countries couldn’t reach a solution for Chinese firms to remain listed in the USA,” she said.

In a move Beijing described as “malicious persecution” of Chinese enterprises, US officials urged China Mobile to stop operating in the nation, thereby terminating nearly two decades of operations.

The firm’s “ownership and control by the Chinese government raise significant national security and law enforcement risks,” according to the US Federal Communications Commission.

The company announced in August that it would utilize the fresh money to improve its 5G capabilities, cloud infrastructure, and smart home projects.

Didi Global, the Chinese ride-hailing giant, said last month that it would delist from the New York Stock Exchange and list in Hong Kong.

Global Business Magazine

Recent Posts

GWI report shows wellness as new baseline for Dubai luxury real estate

Keturah founder says industry needs to work together to catch up with government vision, market…

1 week ago

IMF Staff Concludes Staff Visit to Syria

End-of-Mission press releases include statements of IMF staff teams that convey preliminary findings after a…

1 week ago

Dubai stays on course for record year in property rentals

In real estate sales, Dubai South ranked as best-performing area for fifth successive month Dubai, UAE,…

1 week ago

Dubai’s luxury property market shows depth of investor confidence

Strength of demand goes beyond individual high value deals as developers record 244 off plan…

1 week ago

FIA President H.E. Mohammed Ben Sulayem meets with Hungarian Prime Minister Péter Magyar and Czech President Petr Pavel at Hungarian Grand Prix

Discussions focused on motorsport development, increased participation, road safety and the leadership of FIA Member…

3 weeks ago

FIA AND FOM CONFIRM THAT MALAYSIA WILL JOIN THE 2026 CALENDAR, AS HOST VENUE FOR THE BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX

Dubai, UAE, 26th July, 2026:  The Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) and Formula One Management…

3 weeks ago